Friday, January 25, 2008

Visit to Shantou


Suzanne is our foster care coordinator for the Shantou program in Guangdong. She is visiting the program this week in person. Her daughter is from this orphanage so she has a very special tie.



***********

Today I arrived in Shantou and went to visit the orphanage. My daughter helped me package up Kix cereal for the children before our visit.


As soon as we arrived, we saw children that we knew. One of them was playing "parachute" with the other children. It is wonderful to know that there are activities in place through our school program to help bring fun and learning into their lives.

Tomorrow I will be visiting about 18 children who are currently in the Shantou Foster Care program. I will be visiting them in their foster homes. What a blessing for these children to have the gift of a family! Thank you to everyone who makes it possible for them and many others in Love Without Boundaries' foster care programs.

Suzanne Damstedt