Tuesday, November 21, 2006


Whistler...

One of the greatest things about foster care is hearing about the
little family interactions that begin to take place between the foster
children and the family.

This past month, our China Monitor sent me the cutest story about a little boy,
James, and his foster father. Apparently, the father has a habit of
whistling as he returns from work and reaches the bottom of the stairs
to the home. In response, James whistles and then runs to meet his
father.

This sweet meeting each night of father and child is something that I
have always cherished with my children. Until I heard this story, it
was one of the many little things that I have forgotten that these
children miss out on. This little boy is no longer missing out this
special father/son connection!

Anne/LWB Foster Care Coordinator-Guangdong