Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dreaming of a Better World


Today is a somber day for most Americans, and I wasn't even sure if I was going to blog today because of it.

But then I opened up my email and started reading the reports that came in from last night, and two photos particularly touched me. They are both of little girls, on opposite sides of China (one in Yunnan and one in Shanghai)....but both of them are looking at the camera with complete sincerity. I looked at their beautiful faces and thought inside that every child is born into this world with a loving heart, without a single thought of hatred.

I know a world where every child is loved and cherished from birth and where there is no pain is only in fairy tales. But today is a good reminder that anything we can do to show kindness and love to innocent children is essential. Love is a blessing that the world can never have enough of.


Amy E